4 Things To Include In A Demand Letter For Your Car Accident
If you've been in an automobile collision, you will want to work to recover mentally, physically and financially as quickly as possible. This can be a real challenge for many people to do and will take the right moves to make happen. One of the things that may be extremely helpful to you is to create a demand letter and send it to the insurance company. The key to getting the results you want may rest in what you put in this written document and knowing things that should be included is ideal.
The first thing you will want to do is list the actual events that occurred during your accident. It's important to be as detailed as possible and below are some of the things you should include:
1. The date and time the accident happened and the make of your vehicle.
2. The weather conditions the day of the wreck.
3. The driver that was cited at being at fault for the wreck.
4. If there were any witnesses present when the accident occurred, you would want to list these individuals.
One thing you may want to keep in mind is that if you do have to go to court, this letter may be read to the judge. You will want to stick to the facts as much as possible.
Ask for financial compensation
You will want to be sure to request the amount of money you need to settle this case entirely. Don't be afraid to ask for the figure that is necessary to cover all of your losses.
Listed below are some of the expenses you may want to include and be sure to list these individually:
1. Medical costs – The amount of money you've had to pay either doctors, hospitals or therapists to assist you in recovering from the accident.
2. Property damage – You should consult with your body repair shop to get an estimated cost to fix or replace your vehicle.
3. Lost income – If you were out of work for anytime, you should include this in your demand letter.
The key to being able to recover as quickly as possible when it comes to being in an accident will rest in being proactive. If you feel you don't get the necessary response from your demand letter, you should consider contacting attorney services to assist you in doing so. For more information, contact a business such as A Affordable Attorney Gerling Law Group.